BUY HERE!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Quote Them: American on Purpose

“It seemed to me that American patriotism had been hijacked by politicians who used it for their own jingoistic ends, and I wanted to use my television show to get away from that. I wanted to get back to the image of the gum-chewing GIs who brought swing dancing, fruit, and hope to Scotland when my parents were kids. I wanted to share the feeling I got when I received my big color poster from NASA in the mail. I wanted as many native-born Americans to understand the thrill and exhilaration that comes from joining the land of the free.”

If this sounds trite, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I believe in it. America truly is the best idea for a country that anyone has come up with so far. Not only because we value Democracy and the rights of the individual, but because we are our own effective voice of dissent. The French may love Barack Obama, but they didn’t f***ing elect him. We did.”


Craig Ferguson,
late-night savant



PS Because Ferguson deserves two posts today. Thanks for the heads up again Tim Slagle. Check out his full article at BigHollywood.com. The above quote was taken from Ferguson's book, "American on Purpose".

And, because a post isn't complete without getting to enjoy his humor and his accent, I give you Ferguson's citizenship test.

It's a great day for America.

No comments: