BUY HERE!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

In the mail: one. ticked. Christian.

One of my dearest friends sent me a letter yesterday. I replied to her email with, "That entire email is quotable." And she responded with, "Well why do you think I wrote it?!"

Ahhh...Now I get it. Here's a thought from a Godly woman who has some questions for our God-confused President.

Tara,
I'm sure you will share my joy over the fact that Obama(nation) continues to tout his Christian faith. I know, for me, despite all evidence to the contrary, what a huge reassurance this is.
"I am a Christian by choice" he is quoted as saying on page A 12 of today's Tulsa World. He goes on to say, "I came to faith later in life (citing earlier that his family weren't the kind who went to church every week) and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of what kind of life I would want to lead--being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me."
Nothing about being a sinner, nothing about being saved by grace, nothing about relying on the Holy Spirit for wisdom and discernment, nothing at all that would resonate with someone who really is a Christian.
I'm not sure who his "damage control" advisors are who are trying to refute what 18% believe--that Obama is a muslim--but they aren't doing a very good job. Which only proves they apparently aren't Christians either and are trying to ignorantly figure out what he aught to say to try and convince people who "wrongly believe Obama is muslim" that he shares their faith.
Maybe they should have started by encouraging him to not cancel the National Day of Prayer and not participate in the spin-off muslim day of prayer. I don't know. I'm just a white, middle-aged, middle-class house wife. But that's where I would have started.

C.

Sounds good to me. I say we give C the Presidency and see what she can do with it. I know for a fact, the woman wouldn't need a teleprompter.

No comments: