BUY HERE!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hu's having fun?

Joseph Lindsey. You and your dang mind-irritating Facebook statuses. You did this. All you.

So Joseph posts this Facebook status today. Without his express permission or even without asking, I'm reposting it here:
Last night the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner hosted a dinner for the guy who's holding the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize winner in prison.
i.e. Obama is hosting Chinese President Hu Jintao, who dined last night on lobster, creamed spinach, and - I'm not kidding - apple pie, while 2010 Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo rots in a China prison for peaceably promoting democracy.

Now for Joseph, this is where I smooth over my bad cyber-social behavior by bragging on his undiluted, rank-to-liberalism, more-charming-than-Gervais-at-the-Golden-Globes wit and that Jason Patric'esk bone structure. If that won't cut it, here, without chagrin, is a plug for his fictional yet so true book, "Life to the Right of Hollywood."

Read the synopsis. You'll be hooked.

If that doesn't cut it, geez. I don't know. I've got a personally autographed Dean Koontz book that he can have after my body assumes room temperature. Otherwise, I've got a framed copy of a Kinuko Y. Craft that is worth nothing and a plug-in hand radio that I move from one room to another while I listen to Rush and do laundry.

It's suddenly glaringly apparent I need more cool stuff.

Okay, so back to the point behind the comment. These guys.....



...have been toasting each other this week. I don't know who starts or who ends these warm, fuzzy moments punctuated with words like "cooperation" and "mutual respect". Whatever the sequence, there's lots of love being poured and wine being expressed. I dare say there is enough ridiculous hot air expelled at these shallow events to fill the sails of a cruise to China, with little time left for Kathy Lee Gifford to wish everyone could "see us now."

Meanwhile, Liu is in prison.

His crime is being a writer/signer/and promoter of a petition, entitled Charter '08, that took inspiration from the US Constitution to demand civil liberties for all of China. In other words, he wants freedom for his country. For this, he's in prison. By the hand of Hu. And Hu's having lobster with the President.

You can get into all the particulars of US-China relations. The meat of it comes down to the all-mighty green, which may not stay green for long. China holds nearly $1 Trillion of our debt. And Obama loves to rack it up.

In other words, Hu is Daddy. And Daddy pays the credit card bill.

In closing, I'll leave you with Liu's quote during his prison sentencing the day before Christmas. He's only fighting for freedom of an entire country. But we can talk about that later. For now, top off that glass and let's talk debt ceilings.

“I firmly believe that China’s political progress will never stop, and I’m full of optimistic expectations of freedom coming to China in the future, because no force can block the human desire for freedom,” he said. “China will eventually become a country of rule of law in which human rights are supreme. I’m also looking forward to such progress being reflected in the trial of this case, and look forward to the full court’s just verdict — one that can stand the test of history.”


UPDATE:

This is no way takes away from Joseph and his elliptical yet pithy statuses, but the actual comment appears to have come from Rush. My mistake. Totally mine. I take full responsibility, as well as my Koontz book offer back.

This is why I need a better radio (or a 24/7 subscription), I only caught the first hour today.

Here's the quote in it's fullness. My hat, as a writer and conservative, is always off to the radio genius and his verbal Jiu-Jitsu.
The moral code, the moral compass of the State-Controlled Media is something to behold. Now, some of you may not know the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Winner hosted a state dinner last night for Hu Jintao of China. Hu Jintao is holding the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize Winner in prison in China. Not making it up. The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Winner hosted a dinner for the guy holding the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize Winner in prison, and the media does not get the irony of this at all. They're too busy running around chasing Sarah Palin and radio talk show hosts over "civility."

No comments: