BUY HERE!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog? What blog?

It's been a long month. Although it appears I've disappeared, sadly, last time I checked the mirror, I'm still quite visible. Never buy body lotion off the back of a moving van, fyi. You'll be disappointed every time.

In December, I got snowed (it's actually snowing outside so I had to slip that in somewhere) with deadlines and upcoming family plans for my mom's big birthday. 35 years old! We're so proud. But sadly, don't tell her, she looks 37.

On her birthday, however, plans changed. That morning my grandmother hurt her hip. And I've been preoccupied with family stuff ever since.

Saturday, my grandmother passed away and her funeral is tomorrow. So, between that and keeping up with work, I've been meeting myself coming and going. And, frankly, from one me to the other, I've looked better.

This is the end of a very long journey in one aspect. And, honestly, as with the end of every journey, another begins immediately after. Hopefully, I'll be back blogging later this week. I've had a lot of thoughts to share. Here's one for you, I hate death. Truly hate it. Thankfully, I know a beautiful man who defeated it about 2,000 years ago. Because of him, my Grandma ended one journey this week, only to start a far better one immediately.

Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'll make more sense later.

Maybe.

3 comments:

Alan said...

I lost my grandmother last year so it's completely understandable. Take care of buiness, your readers aren't going anywhere.

And go eat some chocolate. Doesn't fix everything but God put it here for a reason!

Wesley M. said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

And it's nice to see you posting again!

Tara Lynn Thompson said...

Thank you both. I can assure you, she's in Heaven right now and thrilled no one is slowing her down. So we don't mourn for her. Only ourselves.

And yes! Chocolate! Blogging! Great healing vices, both. Should I combine them? Will that just make my keyboard sticky? Is it worth it?....I think so.