BUY HERE!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quote them: Moonlighting mayhem

I love entertaining/odd/screwball writing wherever I find it. Even if it's in the 80s.



From one of the squiggliest scripts in the big-hair era of TV, I give you....Moonlighting:








Security Officer:
I'm sorry, but you're not on the guest list.


David Addison:
That's because we're not guests. We're looking for a man with a mole on his nose.


Security Officer:
A mole on his nose?


Maddie Hayes:
A mole on his nose.


Security Officer:
[to Maddie] What kind of clothes?


Maddie Hayes:
[to David] What kind of clothes?


David Addison:
What kind of clothes do you suppose?


Security Officer:
What kind of clothes do I suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose? Who knows?


David Addison:
Did I happen to mention, did I bother to disclose, that this man that
we're seeking with the mole on his nose? I'm not sure of his clothes or
anything else, except he's Chinese, a big clue by itself.


Maddie Hayes:
How do you do that?


David Addison:
Gotta read a lot of Dr. Seuss.


Security Officer:
I'm sorry to say, I'm sad to report, I haven't seen anyone at all of
that sort. Not a man who's Chinese with a mole on his nose with some
kind of clothes that you can't suppose. So get away from this door and
get out of this place, or I'll have to hurt you - put my foot in your
face. 



I think of this show. Then I think of pretty much anything on the WB. Then I think of this show. Any questions?

No comments: