BUY HERE!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quote Them: Anne Rice leaves Christianity in the name of Jesus Christ

"I quit being a Christian. I’m out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen."
Anne Rice,
devout Godly woman rich and famous for writing gory vampire movies


PS. In 1994, I walked out of the theater and away from Brad Pitt's veiny, pale face in Interview with a Vampire. No vehicle of my own. No way to leave. I sat in the theater lobby with my brother and we stared at the water-stained walls until the movie ended and our rides emerged.

I couldn't stomach the blood, the death and dismemberment, the calous treatment of human life, or the horrific evil images. And as I sat there, ignoring the sound of screams coming from behind the door, I knew the woman who had written the book and eventually the screenplay, Anne Rice, had to be a woman of pure heart.

I'd fled the theater while Pitt drank dog blood and Tom Cruise snapped a woman's neck. That had been the moment I could feel those Christian principles of abhorring evil and clinging to goodness permeating from the screen and directly to my crawling skin.

Rice has been such an example of purity, the Christian community will no doubt suffer culturally from this loss. Who will write books that become movies, like Queen of the Damned, that represent the solid character and lifestyle of Jesus Christ's teachings now?

There will surely be a void of family-friendly entertainment.

If you need counseling, Jeremy D. Boering at BigHollywood is helping Christians work through their grief.

No comments: